Are you a positive, passionate go-getter looking to make a meaningful difference in your community this summer? Do you want to help make the world a safer, brighter place for youth in need? If so – Street Yoga wants to hear from you!
About Street Yoga
At Street Yoga, our mission is to connect youth facing adversity with the healing benefits of trauma-sensitive yoga and mindfulness. We empower children and teens struggling with adverse childhood experiences – from homelessness to addiction – to reclaim their agency, make healthy choices and move toward a life that is inspired, safe and joyful. Last year, we served more than 500 young people in the Greater Seattle Area with trauma-informed yoga classes andtrained hundreds of professionals in cities across the United States to do the same.
About the Internship
Street Yoga is looking for a creative, proactive and hardworking individual with an interest in nonprofit fundraising/event planning to support a variety of core projects this summer. The intern will play an integral role in our small-but-mighty team – helping us to grow, innovate and deepen our impact in the community. This is a phenomenal opportunity for a college student/young professional to gain hands-on experience in nonprofit fundraising, outreach, marketing/social media and more – all while making a lasting difference in the lives of Seattle’s homeless youth! Position starts in May and lasts through the end of September (with the possibility of extension).
- Fundraising & Events (60%): Work closely with Street Yoga’s Marketing & Events Coordinator to plan, promote & execute our annual end-of-summer silent auction fundraiser. Areas of support will include:
- Creative ideation and brainstorming
- Logistical planning
- Community partner and vendor outreach
- Auction item procurement support
- Materials development
- Social Media (20%): Contribute to on-going social media strategy/outreach by sourcing imagery; gathering relevant, shareable news content; and occasionally drafting social posts
- Other (20%): Provide additional support as needed in the following areas:
- Marketing materials acquisition and organization
- Proofing and editing documents and blog posts
- Updating and streamlining website content (WordPress)
- Donor tracking and data entry/organization
- Fielding new business and community partnership requests
- Proactive, helpful and dependable
- Highly organized with an eye for detail
- Excellent communicator (both written and verbal)
- A quick learner with a “can do” attitude – must be comfortable wearing many hats!
- Ability to complete tasks and problem solve with minimal supervision
- Highly collaborative; a people person and team player
- Demonstrated passion for public service and community impact
- Fluent in social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Must be located in the Greater Seattle Area, have a reliable form of transportation and be able to meet in person on a semi-weekly basis in Seattle/Bellevue
- High School Diploma or higher
- Working toward a Bachelor’s Degree in Public Policy, Social Work, PR/Communications or Marketing
- Event planning and/or nonprofit fundraising experience highly preferred (internships/volunteer work count!)
- Familiarity with social media for business
- Basic proficiency in WordPress
- Active involvement in Seattle’s yoga community a huge plus!
The intern will report to, and work closely with, Street Yoga’s Marketing & Events Coordinator.
This is a remote position with bimonthly in-person meetings in Bellevue or Seattle. Must be able to commute to our storage space in the Greenlake area as needed. Street Yoga is moving to a fantastic new office in Columbia City in July – at which point the intern will be able to hold regular office hours, if desired.
This position requires a minimum commitment of 15 hours per week in May-September, with additional hours desired during the month of June and the final week of August. The intern will benefit from regular mentorship, hands-on skill building opportunities and free admission to our monthly yoga benefit classes! We are unfortunately unable to financially compensate interns at this time – but will be happy to work with you to obtain school credit.
If you think you might be a good fit, please email your resume and a brief cover letter to Marketing & Events at: firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!