STREET YOGA IS HIRING!
Are you a service-minded yogi with professional experience in the non-profit sector? Does the thought of dedicating your days to helping youth in need (through yoga & mindfulness) bring a smile to your face? If so – Street Yoga wants to hear from you!
POSITION: TEACHER TRAINING PROGRAM MANAGER
Street Yoga (SY) is looking for a passionate, highly motivated, highly organized person to join the Street Yoga team. This role is responsible for managing all aspects of Street Yoga’s teacher training program and outreach.
30 hours a week
WORKS IN CONJUNCTION WITH
Street Yoga Board Members
- Manage and deliver all aspects of Street Yoga’s teacher training program
- When applicable, manage and/or supervise the updating and new development of teacher training curriculum
- Schedule, confirm and deliver 20 trainings for the 2017-18 Fiscal Year with minimum 15 (maximum 30) participants.
- 20 participants; 15 paying in full per training
- Training gross revenue: $100,000
- Reach out to 2 future training sites a month
- Successfully market trainings via website, flyers, eblasts, social media (including Constant Contact)
- Work with training host to ensure successful marketing and to create partnerships with other local organizations
- Research, develop and implement marketing and outreach strategies for teacher training progra
- Review and analyze feedback forms from trainings and report findings to inform program improvement
- Source volunteers or interns to help input survey data
- Create annual training reports
- Update monthly training reports
- Provide logistical support for trainers
- Plan and implement 5 in-service trainings for volunteers
Offer support and guidance for volunteer teachers through their in-take process, continuing education potlucks (including two required annual trainings: Mandated Reporting and Yoga for Trauma), and hosting the annual volunteer appreciation event.
- Recruit and supervise interns
- Assist in planning and execution of Street Yoga’s major fundraising events
- Attend yoga events, conferences and other outreach opportunities as applicable
- Must complete trauma informed yoga training within 6 months
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with ability to manage up to 6 trainings at the same time
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Prior marketing experience
- Passion for Street Yoga’s mission of yoga service
- Minimum 1 year of experience practicing yoga
- Experience in the non-profit sector
- Basic proficiency with Microsoft Office, Constant Contact, and WordPress
- Ability to quickly learn Podio, PayPal, Google Docs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively independently with minimal supervision as well as in a team environment, maintaining professional behavior, integrity, and confidentiality.
- Strong commitment to customer service, and demonstrated ability to maintain positive interpersonal relationships with a wide variety of people and community partners, both internal and external to an organization
- Special Note: candidate must have access to own computer
- Two or more years experience in marketing teacher training programs, preferably in a not-for-profit setting
- One year experince in event planning
- Experience in working with and/or managing volunteers
- Knowledge about trauma and trauma-informed yoga
- Two or more years experience working with the populations Street Yoga serves and/or personal experience with the challenges youth face
- 10 paid vacation days & 10 paid holidays
- 5 paid sick days, 1 personal day
- Staff yearly yoga retreat
- Staff training/development
Send cover letter and resume to Richelleharrell@streetyoga.org