Process for being a Volunteer Teacher for Street Yoga
*Volunteer teaching positions with Street Yoga are only available in the Seattle, WA-area.
- Attend our Trauma-Informed Yoga Training. Click HERE to find when a training will be offered in the Seattle areas. We offer scholarships at every training. Click HERE to apply for financial assistance. A Street Yoga staff member may be present on the final day of the Seattle training with a sign-up sheet for those interested in becoming a volunteer teacher. If not, email Richelle Harrell (firstname.lastname@example.org) to obtain a volunteer application.
- Fill out Volunteer Teacher Application.
- Street Yoga staff will contact you if you have been selected for an interview and ask for 2 professional references.
- After the interview, successful candidates will need to submit consent to a background check.
- Once a candidate is extended the invitation to serve as a Street Yoga Volunteer Teacher, the candidate will receive additional training WA State Mandatory Reporting, Street Yoga’s Incident Reporting and Yoga for Trauma Trainings.
- Volunteer Teachers are offered the opportunity to shadow a current Street Yoga class before starting in their teaching position. This is not required.
- Every year volunteers must update their Mandatory Reporting and Yoga for Trauma Trainings.
Street Yoga offers six opportunities for continuing education and connection with other Street Yoga volunteer teachers throughout the year. This is a great opportunity for teachers to offer and provide support and encouragement to one another as you share the experience of teaching yoga in these unique settings.
Note: Attending a training is no guarantee of a teaching position. Contact Richelle (email@example.com) to inquire about current openings. Also note that about 60% of our teaching opportunities occur during the traditional work week.
There are many ways to be involved at Street Yoga besides teaching. We have several volunteer projects available at any given time. Please complete the form below to share with us the type of projects you are interested in helping with.