Open Teaching Positions
Street Yoga is expanding our youth program in 2019 and looking for Trauma-Informed Training graduates to teach at future sites! If you’re located in the Greater Seattle Area and want to help make a difference for youth in need, we’d love to hear from you. Follow the instructions below to apply.
- Attend our Trauma-Informed Yoga Training. Click HERE to find when a training will be offered in the Seattle areas. We offer scholarships at every training. Click HERE to apply for financial assistance. A Street Yoga staff member may be present on the final day of the Seattle training with a sign-up sheet for those interested in becoming a volunteer teacher.
- Fill out the Street Yoga Teacher Application and return it to Richelle Harrell at email@example.com
- Street Yoga staff will contact you if you have been selected for an interview and ask for 2 professional references.
- After the interview, successful candidates will need to submit consent to a background check.
- Once a candidate is extended the invitation to serve as a Street Yoga Volunteer Teacher, the candidate will receive additional training WA State Mandatory Reporting, Street Yoga’s Incident Reporting and Yoga for Trauma Training.
- Teachers are offered the opportunity to shadow a current Street Yoga class before starting in their teaching position. This is not required.
- Every year volunteers must update their Mandatory Reporting and Yoga for Trauma Training.
Street Yoga offers six opportunities for continuing education and connection with other Street Yoga volunteer teachers throughout the year. This is a great opportunity for teachers to offer and provide support and encouragement to one another as you share the experience of teaching yoga in these unique settings.
Please contact Richelle Harrell, ED with any further questions: firstname.lastname@example.org