We’ve got big plans for 2015—we hope you join us as we embark on great adventures, gather as a community, bring yoga to more youth, and see the benefits of mindfulness and yoga impact Seattle (and beyond)!
- January 1-11: Set your intention for 2015. Help a youth set theirs. Put 2015 the right track and join us at Aham Yoga at 9AM on January 11th for an all levels hatha class led by studio owner Arundhati Baitmangalkar. 100% of your donation supports Street Yoga programming.
- January 24 and February 6: Street Yoga is KEXP’s January 2015 Community Partner! An interview with Co-ED Stephanie Toby airs on January 24 at 7:30PM. On February 6, KEXP hosting a benefit concert in our honor at the Columbia City Theatre featuring headliner Jen Wood, and opening bands: Tangerine and Ruler.
- January 29: We are celebrating the moving of Street Yoga’s Headquarters to Seattle! At this happy hour we will introduce new board members, new Co-Executive Directors and honor our 2014 volunteers! This is a free event, no program.
- February 6-8: Street Yoga and Yoga Behind Bars host Hala Khouri for a weekend training on Yoga for Trauma.
- March 13-15: If you’ve buy phentermine cod thought about volunteer teaching for Street Yoga, taking our Trauma-Informed Yoga Training is the first step! We host two trainings a year in Seattle—it’s a great way to build your confidence teaching in non-traditional settings to youth with non-traditional needs.
- March 27-29: Street Yoga presents our first “Level 2” training! Led by Street Yoga founder, Mark Lilly, our Advanced Yoga Service Training is meant for those looking at taking a deeper dive into the field of yoga service.
- May 30: If you’re a professional or family caregiver looking for rest and rejuvenation, our daylong, in-city Renew. Revive. Retreat is the perfect way to breathe life and energy into your work.
- June: YogaLOVE is our biggest community yoga class and fundraiser of the year. Sometimes called the 10K of yoga, our 108 Sun Salutation challenge will energize you and supports a great cause. More info coming soon; read about last year’s event here.
- Weekly: We plan to grow our Seattle weekly Yoga for Youth program by 40%. That’s six additional weekly yoga classes in 2015 and 600+ more youth served!
Looking for connecting with you at one (or more) of these great events!