Already know the basics of yoga for trauma and want to go deeper? This training is for you.
ADVANCED YOGA SERVICE TRAINING (LEVEL 2)
This second level workshop is for people in the yoga service community who have hands-on experience of at least 6 months in the field, and who are looking to deepen their professional capacity, implement larger projects, increase safety and widen scope. Focus will be on being more effective, strong and vital in undertaking yoga service work.
Case studies will be shared to facilitate a ground-level understanding of the practical elements of offering body-based mindfulness and breathing to folks facing significant life challenges, including poverty, race-exclusion, sexual violence, ptsd, housing struggles, and gender identity in intolerant/unaccepting communities.
In addition, each person will work on a portfolio of their own—building toward having outlines of documentation that can be used to further each person’s work on the ground, including:
- A clear understanding of personal motives, ethics, boundaries and safety
- A map of stakeholders, and an understanding of their needs
- A timeline and an outline of a budget for sustained project implementation (9-18 months, or 3-5 years for example)
- Framing and boundaries for yoga service projects
- Outline of showcasing and evaluating steps to a project.
Different scenarios will be explored, and participants will create their own responses to those, in terms of both practicing the presentation of the project (to senior stakeholders) and the teaching of it to client folk—all shared throughout the highly-collaborative weekend.
Each day of training includes learning by doing, seeing, and listening through the following:
- Yoga practice
- Breathing exercises & meditation
- Sample scenarios and group problem-solving
- Short lecture-style sessions with Q & A
- Break-out small group sessions
- Role playing and skills practice
- Student teaching and feedback opportunities
Street Yoga recognizes the extremely diverse ways in which people practice and teach their yoga. Just as we see the unique buy adipex traits that make each youth different, we also recognize that each trainee has a distinct relationship with yoga and his or her own individual preferences and beliefs about how to practice. Because of this, Street Yoga does not promote a single methodology for bringing yoga to youth and does not supply trainees with ready-made lists of postures or sequences. Instead, we encourage our trainees to explore how to teach what they already know in a heartfelt and authentic way that will help them engage in yoga service.
We strive for all training participants to increase their emotional, cognitive and physical sense of well-being, mental clarity and resilience, so that they can help affect the increase of these same qualities in their clients. The training will offer tools for the development of practices to decrease professional stress and secondary trauma that are low-risk and are not time intensive.
Training participants gain:
- Tools for on-the-ground application of yoga service
- Understanding of how to build resilience for you and your clients
- Insight into trauma in the context of yoga service
- Tools for decreasing risk and mitigating affects of secondary trauma
- Skills for developing a personal mindfulness portfolio
- Best practices for client-led evaluation
- Experience in the field of yoga service (ideally 6 months or more)
- Willingness to share from one’s own experience
- An understanding that *yoga* is so much more than time on the mat
- A basic understanding of trauma and resilience
- Street Yoga Core Training is highly recommended but not required
CHECK OUT OUR TRAINING CALENDAR TO FIND A LEVEL 2 TRAINING NEAR YOU