OUTREACH INTERN AGREEMENT
Street Yoga provides healing and empowering yoga classes to youth experiencing homelessness, poverty, addiction, abuse and trauma. We equip yoga teachers and youth workers with the skills and information needed to provide trauma-informed yoga and mindfulness classes for young people facing adversity.
The Outreach Intern position is a short-term, project-based role supporting the Training & Outreach Coordinator. The Outreach Intern will be responsible for summer 2016 social media (Facebook, Instagram and Twitter), newsletters, and blogs as well as developing and formalizing Street Yoga’s database for community partners. The Community Partner Database work will include both research of, and outreach to, Seattle-area yoga studios, youth development and social service agencies, mindfulness groups, relevant college and graduate programs, and other wellness related.
HOURS & TIMELINE
5-10 hours per week, June-August 2016 (Negotiable)
Training and Outreach Coordinator
- Facebook: 7-10 posts per week
- Instagram: 7-10 posts per week
- Twitter: 5-7 unique tweets per week
- July, August and September Newsletters
- 2-4 blogs posts per month
- Organize guest bloggers
- Promote Street Yoga programming and impact
COMMUNITY PARTNER DATABASE
- Research yoga studios, youth development and social service organizations, mindfulness and health and wellness groups in the Seattle area
- Collect service offering and contact information for Street Yoga records
- Draft eBlast to yoga studios for how to support Street Yoga
- Work with Training & Outreach Coordinator to determine next steps
- Draft eBlast to yoga service orgs about SY Weekly Class Program
- Work with Executive Director to determine next steps
- Familiar with and comfortable working with Facebook, Instagram and Twitter platforms
- Comfortable working in and learning new software and programs (Microsoft Office Suite, Constant Contact, WordPress, Podio and Salesforce)
SALARY & BENEFITS
This is an unpaid internship position. Preference given to students who need class credit.
Position open until filled. We will begin reviewing applications May 23, 2016. Send PDFs of your resume and a short cover letter to email@example.com.
Street Yoga is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans and does not unlawfully discriminate under federal, state, or local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status.