TRAINING INTERN POSITION DESCRIPTION
Street Yoga provides healing and empowering yoga classes to youth experiencing homelessness, poverty, addiction, abuse and trauma. We equip yoga teachers and youth workers with the skills and information needed to provide trauma-informed yoga and mindfulness classes for young people facing adversity.
The Training Intern position is a short-term, project-based role supporting the Training & Outreach Coordinator. The Training Intern will support the Training Program by developing a “Training Program Handbook” compiling and synthesizing all Training Program related policies and documents. The Training Intern will also create a Trainers Manual, a resource compiled of all trainer related policies and documents. Occasionally the Training Intern will support the Training Coordinator by engaging in training outreach and research related to current training cities.
HOURS & TIMELINE
5-10 hours per week, June-August 2016 (Negotiable)
Training and Outreach Coordinator
TRAINING PROGRAM HANDBOOK
- Document the training program policies
- Document training procedures including:
- On-boarding a training host
- On-boarding community partners
- Training promotion
- Awarding training scholarships
- Participant registration
- Holding the training
- Training manual
- Training wrap-up
- Training evaluation and reporting
- Storytelling / training impact on Street Yoga’s social media channels and website
- Process for on-boarding new trainings
- Document all trainer related policies
- Finalize trainer job description
- Trainer Agreements
- Process and policies for on-boarding new trainers
- Evaluation of trainers / trainers phentermine online evaluation of Street Yoga
- Compile information on contractors vs employees: State Law
- Research new training markets for new training hosts and community partners
- Reach to possible hosts and partners
- Research yoga studios, youth orgs, mindfulness orgs, social work programs, and other wellness related groups in and near cities where Street Yoga holds trainings
- Passionate about Street Yoga’s mission to build capacity in youth through yoga and mindfulness to overcome suffering and cope with trauma.
- High school diploma or GED
- Experience working or studying in social work, youth studies or a field related to Street Yoga’s work
- Comfortable using Microsoft Office Suite; willing and able to learn new softwares: Podio and Salesforce.
SALARY & BENEFITS
This is an unpaid internship position. Preference given to students who are interning for academic credit.
Position open until filled. We will begin reviewing applications May 23, 2016. Send PDFs of your resume and a short cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Street Yoga is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans and does not unlawfully discriminate under federal, state, or local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status.